The opportunity to reinvent traditional classroom interactions is where the CU Program creates a bridge
It helps administrators identify which students would beneﬁt from more teacher-based support, while equipping students to become more self-regulated.
The ConnectU Program
A customizable Student Assessment Tool and a SMART Goal Curriculum that helps schools gain insights that accelerate student development. This promotes a growth mindset and improves student well-being.
Students experience a complete journey of reflection and self-regulation
A customizable assessment that helps identify areas where students 11 to 18 can benefit from more support.
A goal-setting curriculum that guides students in creating, reflecting on, and achieving goals.
Through the process of goal creation and reflection, the program helps students develop self-regulation and metacognitionPerry, J., Lundie, D., & Golder, G. (2019). Metacognition in schools: what does the literature suggest about the effectiveness of teaching metacognition in schools?. Educational Review, 71(4), 483-500.
This builds cognitive skills such as critical thinking and problem-solving, which positively impacts teen conﬁdence and resilience.
Development by Category
Discover a palette of growth constructs to choose from, within 4 key categories.
Growth by Goal setting
Goal setting increases student motivation, self-efficacy, and academic achievement!
- Students create SMART goals and action items using an interactive, fun, flexible web-based app.
- All progress is accessible through an intuitive dashboard that provides real-time student performance.
Growth by Goal setting, made easy!
The CU-SMART helps you focus on factors that impact students’ well-being and equips them to begin their SMART goal-setting journey.
Assessment Results provide clarity on opportunity areas for each student, class or grade.
- 4 categories of growth used in assessment
- Results accessed through Dashboard
Students can decide on an area of focus from our CU7 goal categories.
- One goal must be Academic
- Goal categories can be selected by the school
Students create SMART goals, one step at a time, guided by our 6-week program.
- 6-week program begins when dates are scheduled by teachers
- Weekly homework assignments
Students create 2 or more action items for each goal. Our app helps them track and plan their progress.
- Progress tracked for each action item
- Reminders sent about due dates
Weekly self-reflection, regulation and planning, prompt students to adjustment as needed.
- In-class planning, monitoring & evaluating activities
- Weekly reflection times
Goal Buddies (accountability partners) support students along their journeys.
- Weekly check-in scheduled
- Goal Buddy notified on student progress
Setting and achieving self-directed goals becomes relevant and fun when students really connect with them.